PGI Cobra Classic Style S.W.A.T. Tactical Hood, Single Ply, Small Face Opening, Carbon Shield, Black
Style: # 3829298
Material: Carbon Shield™
DESIGN: Single ply – small face opening
- Provides superior heat, flash and flame protection to the head and neck in SWAT and other tactical situations.
- Softer and better stretch and recovery than other hoods.
- Superb comfort – Excellent moisture management and breathability. Wicks moisture away from skin.
- Hood construction includes contoured shoulders so hood doesn’t bunch at neck, flat-stitched seams for improved comfort and fit, sewn with 100% Nomex thread, bottom edge of bib bound with self-material bias binding, all points of stress are bartacked.
- Infrared Non-Reflective
- Resistant to ultra violet rays
Carbon Shield is a flame resistant fabric breakthrough based on carbon fiber technology. Considered the ultimate high-tech fabric for thermal protection and comfort. During the torch test, after about 5 seconds,traditional FR fabrics combust, severely shrinking and charring. Carbon Shield remains dimensionally stable even after 90 seconds, giving you the extra time you need to get out safely.
Properties of Carbon Shield Include:
If exposed to extreme heat or flame fabric glows but won’t burn. It retains a certain tenacity at temperatures exceeding 2300°F for over 90 seconds.
Absolutely melt-proof and doesn’t become stiff. It remains soft to the touch after being exposed to fire.
- Arc Resistant – ATPV 23.3 HRC 2
- Superior Protection from Welding Sparks and Molten Metal
Resists pin-holing from welding sparks and splatter. Sheds most molten metals and will not melt, ignite or burn even in the most severe levels of exposure offering unparalleled protection from molten metal splash.
The space between the clothing and the body reduces and protects against burns. Carbon Shield™ is almost totally non-shrinking when exposed to flame and heat.
- Forms No Openings
If an opening should form, fire comes into direct contact with the body and increases the possibility for burns. Because fabric doesn’t melt or stiffen and is non-shrinking, it develops no openings.
- Deposits No Tar
When clothing melts or stiffens and decomposes in a fire, it deposits a by-product tar in the form of a liquid, which has a similar effect as melting increasing the risk of burns. Carbon Shield™ deposits no tar.
- Low Heat Conductivity – (Disburses Heat Energy)
In order to ensure the time to escape from fire, clothing must possess the property of delaying the transmission of heat. PGI’s Carbon Shield™ has a low heat conductivity.
- Infrared Non-Reflective
Excellent for police/swat teams as well as military applications.
- Natural Black Color Hides Soil
- Lightweight Yet Excellent TPP
Weighs only 6.5 oz. /sq. yd. which is over 20% lighter than most NFPA compliant hoods, yet still has excellent Thermal Protection Performance (TPP) rating of 28.
- Excellent Stretch & Recovery Properties
1 x 1 Rib knit construction. Knit to allow 200% stretch for maximum stretch and recovery.
Fabric has an excellent moisture regain (approx. 8%) and wicks moisture away from the skin to the outer shell, enabling it to evaporate at a rapid rate. The aspect of wicking moisture off the body not only offers a more comfortable garment but also improves protection.
- Chemical Resistance
Excellent resistance to organic solvents, weak alkalis and weak acids.
- Excellent Shape Retention
Unlike some hood fabrics which don’t hold their shape after laundering, Carbon Shield™ has extremely low shrinkage and looks virtually unchanged after repeated washings and dryings. Also, after laundering fabric showed no change in flame resistance or thermal protection.
- Odor Absorbing Qualities?
Has ability to absorb and neutralize unpleasant odors, a considerable advantage when opportunities for washing are limited.
- Resistant to Ultra Violet Rays
Will not fade or weaken when exposed to UV rays.
- Highest Limiting Oxygen Index (LOI)
Flame resistance is commonly measured by LOI, the amount of oxygen needed to support combustion. The higher the LOI value, the more flame resistant the material. Carbon Shield™ has an LOI which is over 50% higher than Nomex and 33% higher than PBI FR Rayon blends.
- Meets NFPA Requirements
UL Classified to meet the current hood requirements of NFPA 1971, Standard on Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire fighting and Proximity Fire Fighting (Classic, Ultimate and Elite Styles).
- Meets CAL-OSHA REQUIRMENTS
Passes Fed. Test 191, Method 5903.2: CAL-OSHA Sections 3406(d)
- Complies with OSHA Rule 29 CFR Part 1910, 269
- Meets CE Requirements
Meets or exceeds Draft European Standard prEN 13911 (Classic, Ultimate and Elite Styles).
- Compliant with NFPA 70E – Current Edition.
Meeting the performance specifications of ASTM-F-1506 (On double ply hoods)
- Material composition of hood is a blend of Carbon/High Strength Aramid -approx. 6.5 oz sq yd.
- 1 x 1 rib knit fabric - knit to allow approx. 200% stretch for maximum stretch and recovery.
- Calendared to minimize laundry shrinkage.
- Not Complaint with NFPA 1971- Current Edition
STITCH TYPE AND SEAMS:
- All stitching shall conform to Federal Standard 751 Specifications (FED-STD-751)
- Major assembly seams are stitch type 504 forming seam type SSA-1
- SSA seams are reinforced with stitch type 605.
- Binding is applied with stitch type 406.
- Bartack stitch is type 301 (28 stitches).
- All sewing is done with 100% Nomex thread size TEX 40.
- The hood is composed of one layer of knit.
- Hood is seamed from top of eye opening to bottom of hood and than top and bottom coverstitched for extra strength.
- The small face opening and bottom edge of hood are bound with self-fabric bias cut binding (cut in five degree cut pattern).
- Shoulders are contoured on each side allowing the hood to lie flat on the chest and back for maximum coverage.
Finished Hood Measurements:Width of hood below eye opening 9” ± ½” (2)Width of hood at bottom edge 9" ± ½" (3)
Size: One size hood fits all.
Labeling and User Information: Each hood is clearly labeled to identify material contents, Date of Manufacture, Warning statement, care instructions.
Meets or Exceeds Industry Standards
Passes Fed. Test 191 Method 5903.2 and compliant with CAL-OSHA Sections3406 and 3410(d) and complies with OSHA Rule 29 CFR, Part 1910, 269.
FREE standard shipping for online orders with with an order total of $99 or higher.
$6.95 standard shipping for online orders with an order total of $98.99 or below. Qualifying amount applies to merchandise only. Subject to change without notice. Offer valid for standard shipping within the contiguous United States (some restrictions apply such as shipping to Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, and all other destinations outside the continental United States including APO and FPO addresses are not eligible for this promotion and may incur additional charges). Additional fees apply to haz-mat/chemicals/ aerosols, over sized or unusually heavy items/orders,including but not limited to ladders, fire hose, pepper spray, fire extinguishers, full-size light bars and spike strips. Some vendors are also excluded, view a list of excluded brands here.
Shipping rates apply to all products. Some orders may require additional shipping charges.
Standard Shipping Charges
|Charges for addresses in the contiguous United States only.|
Next Day Delivery
Up to $25
|$8.49 $6.95 |
$25.01 to $50.00
|$10.49 $6.95 |
$50.01 to $98.99
|$12.49 $6.95 |
$99.00 to $150.00
|$14.49 $0 |
$150.01 to $200
|$16.49 $0 |
$200.01 to $250.00
|$18.49 $0 |
$250.01 to $300.00
|$20.49 $0 |
$300.01 to $350.00
|$23.49 $0 |
$350.01 to $400.00
|$25.49 $0 |
$400.01 to $500.00
|$27.49 $0 |
$500.01 to $750.00
|$31.49 $0 |
$750.01 to $1,000
|$34.49 $0 |
$1,000.01 and over
|$38.49 $0 |
Contact us for a quote