Federal Signal TouchMaster Delta Siren w/Microphone and Bracket Included
Federal Signal’s Touchmaster™ series of siren and public address systems provide the ultimate in reliability, functionality, and ease of use. Simplified switching provide a tactical feel for control while on a call or in pursuit.
All Touchmaster models feature five siren sounds (Yelp, Wail, Hi-Lo,Ultra Hi-Lo®, Futura, and Hetro®), horn ring transfer, SWEEP/LOCK®, air horn sound, Alarm, direct access PA, flashing indicator lights, dimmable panel lights, audible “Clicker” indicator, and ACP technology.
Standard models are available, from either a basic toggle switch to a slide-bar for complete warning equipment control. Optional features maybe specified for maximum customization.
- Totally enclosed full-function featured sirens with PA available
- High current switching-up to 205-amps of total switching capacity
- Rugged high current (60-amp) slide switch
- Quick installation with marked wires and screw-down terminals
- Five tone intersection learning sweep available
- Adjustable external PA volume controls
- Common microphone adapters allow both radio and siren to operate from a single microphone
Technical Specs and Approvals
- Input Voltage: 11-16 VDC
- Standby current: 0A
- Operating Current:
- Siren - 0-180A
- Amplifier - 7.5A (one 100W speaker)
- Amplifier - 14.0A (two 100W speakers)
- Operating Temperature range: -30° C to 65° C
- Frequency Range: 500 Hz to 1650 Hz
- Nominal Cycle Range:
- Wail – 11 cycles per min.
- Yelp – 240 cycles per min.
- Nominal Voltage Output: 64V peak-to-peak (siren tones)
- Audio Frequency Response: 300 Hz to 3,000 Hz (+/- 3 dB)
- Input Impedance: 4,000 ohms (nominal)
- Current Ratings:
- Slide-bar outputs (progressive)
- Position 1 – 20A
- Position 2 – 20A
- Position 3 – 20A
- Progressive Total – 60A
- Accessory switches – 20A each
- Dimensions (H x W x D):2.4 in x 6.5 in x 5.4 in (6.2 cm x 16.5 cm x 13.8 cm)
- Ship Weight: 5.0 lbs (2.3 kg)
Audible Equipment may produce LOUD sounds necessary to request the right-of-way. Audible equipment may cause hearing damage. Wear hearing protection. Refer to the Installation Manual or call 800/433-9132 for further instructions.
Important Warning for Police Boats and Fire Rescue Boats
It has come to our attention that police boat and fire rescue boat sirens and speakers may subject persons operating those craft to sound pressure levels that can cause permanent hearing loss. We recommend that speakers be located as far forward on the boat as possible, as recommended in the SAE Recommended Practice J1849 "Emergency Vehicle Sirens". However, unprotected exposures of a sufficient duration to properly located siren speakers can still create a risk of hearing loss.
It is our recommendation that your siren speakers should be relocated and persons operating these craft should wear hearing protection when using the siren system.
Failure to comply with these recommendations may result in temporary or permanent hearing loss to operators and passengers of these vehicles.