Account - FAQ
Accounts - FAQ
- I lost/forgot my password. What do I do?
- How do I set up a CHIEF account?
- How much does a CHIEF account cost?
- Why should I create a CHIEF account?
- Do I have to have an account to order?
- How do I pick a secure password?
- What does "case-sensitive" mean?
- Is this site safe?
- I don't see the answer to my question. What now?
I lost/forgot my password. What do I do?
No problem. Just go here: Forgot Your Password? »
How do I set up a CHIEF account?
Any customer can set up a free CHIEF website account in about, oh, 30 seconds. All you'll need is a valid email address and password. Create your free CHIEF website account »
Agencies and organizations can also set up free accounts with their own CHIEF Personal Account Manager, as well as set up Net 30 terms or payment via purchase order. Just call (888) 588-8569.
How much does a CHIEF account cost?
Your CHIEF account is free.
Why should I create a CHIEF account?There are a lot of benefits to having a free CHIEF account. Here are some of main ones:
- Your email address is your login – no extra stuff to remember
- Track current orders
- Store your billing and shipping information for faster checkout
- View past orders
- We do not sell, share or in any way distribute your information to third parties. Period.
Do I have to have an account to order?
You can order online with or without a CHIEF account. Just select "Continue to Checkout as Guest". You may set up a free CHIEF account at any time you wish, but you don't have to.
How do I pick a secure password?Here are some tips on creating a secure password:
- At least 8 characters in length
- Mix of numbers, upper-case letters and lower-case letters
- Don't use real words
- Don't use names
- Don't use sequences, like "12345678" or "abcdefg"
- Don't use part of your login (e.g. if your login is "email@example.com", don't set your password as "smith" or "hotmail")
- Don't use important dates (such as your birthday) or other personal information (such as your Social Security Number)
What does "case-sensitive" mean?
It means that "CAT" and "cat" are treated as different words. When it comes to the password on your CHIEF account, it means "CHIEFrocks1" and "chiefrocks1" are not the same password. Using a mix of upper- and lower-case will help you make a more secure password.
Is this site safe?
Yes. Our secure server encrypts all of your personal information, including your credit card number, name, address, and shopping cart selections. The characters you enter are converted into bits of code that are securely transmitted over the Internet, making the information unreadable.