Love This Jacket – Review by David, posted on 1/4/13
I'm surprised there are no other reviews for this jacket from 5.11.
I've been wearing this for about 3 months now. I don't use it as a duty jacket, and I only started wearing it when the weather consistently got into the 40's and below.
Synopsis: Medium weight; 100% waterproof; LOTS of pockets; velcro and snaps on wrists; hoodie stows in center rear pocket.
1. LOTS of pockets (11 total). May favorite feature. 1 on each arm, 4 on the chest, 1 hidden document pocket (inside), 1 inside zipper pocket, 2 hand-warmer pockets with zippers, 1 center rear large pocket,
2. Hoodie stows in rear pocket. It also can be zipped or velcro'd on.
3. Warm. Not going to keep you warm in the arctic circle, but good medium weight jacket.
4. Velcro patches on both arms; flip-out patch imprint flaps (2 in front, one in rear center pocket) that can be embroidered
5. Quick-zip sidearm access (both left and right sides). Great if you want to use this as a duty jacket and/or carry concealed with a belt holster on either side.
1. The center rear stow pocket (for the hood) is a great idea, but there's no inner liner to keep the hood in place. As a result, it falls to the bottom of the inside of the jacket. This makes getting it out when you need it an ordeal. I have completely remove the jacket, open the rear pocket and reach deep inside to find the hood.
2. The material is relatively stiff. This is the first jacket I bought advertised as being completely waterproof. I did not realize it would be this stiff. Some people may not mind it, but I see it as a con of sorts but probably what is required to get the jacket waterproof. On the other hand, the jacket is not as stiff now (after wearing for 3 months) as when it was new.